connecting ubuntu studio with other machines

Rodrigo Carrasco carrask at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 13:56:23 BST 2008

Hi people, I recently shifted my desktop PC to Ubuntu Studio and I'm
already loving it, impressed that all the applications worked out of
the box with the audigy 2 platinum sound card and then of course,
impressed with JACK, the titan. What I want to do is use that machine
as an audio server to control and master the final output of the sound.
For instance I would like to plug my laptop thinkpad (with windows xp
and ableton) to the desktop machine running Ubuntu Studio for using some apps and the sound card also. I connected
both through a firewire cable, but somehow machines are not seeing each
other. Probably I need to install something or open some ports, but I'm
a bit clueless.
If someone could please give me a hand! :)

Rodrigo