Selecting Hardware for Music Production

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Sat Oct 25 23:08:21 BST 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
Joan Quintana <joan_quintana at yahoo.com> wrote:

> These days 'm fighting with my new Roland Edirol UA-25EX (USB
> connection). It seems that the UA-25 is well supported, but the new
> UA-25EX not at all. It exists a patch, and these days I'm trying to
> apply the patch and recompile the kernel, without success at the
> moment. When this is done, I hope a lot of enjoy with UA-25EX (and I
> hope that the lattency won't be a problem). Any comments about UA-25
> or UA-25EX?
>
> Joan Q.

Only thing I can tell you is that the UA-25 works well. It's using the
module snd-usb-audio which Ubuntu loads by itself.
It works in basic and advanced mode the way it is supposed to work,
which means plugging out and back in whenever you change those modes or
the sample rate at the device.

You could try to run it in basic mode using 44.1kHz. Maybe at least
that works.

I'm kinda surprised that it doesn't work, as the device doesn't look
that different to me.

Best,
	Philipp