Selecting Hardware for Music Production

Matthew Polashek matt at tinysongs.net
Thu Oct 23 23:47:30 BST 2008

Hi Sean-

I bought a Multimix 8 for a friend of mine and it works fine.  The pre's
are a little crisp, but it's not terrible.  I can do a test tomorrow and
see how it is with ubuntu studio and a Dell D510, but I have a strong
feeling there will be latency issues as there normally are with USB
audio and Alsa.

I might suggest that you craigslist or ebay all your usb/pci/out stuff
and get an RME pci with the resulting cash.  Keep the 1622.

Matt