Windows network gone - I can no longer see it.

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Tue Oct 14 16:22:00 BST 2008

aYo Binitie wrote:
> Sorry I meant the network stopped working totally whether VBox was
> on or off
>

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Christopher Stamper
> <christopherstamper at gmail.com
> <mailto:christopherstamper at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM, aYo Binitie
> <ayobinitie at googlemail.com <mailto:ayobinitie at googlemail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> True true but, it did not It just shut down
>

> Not too sure what you mean. The network 'shut down'?
>
> I meant that the 'network' should have worked, as long as VBOX was
>  not running.

What revision of Ubuntu Studio are you running? I ask because I've
recently upgraded to Intrepid 8.10 to test things out, and all kinds
of things like audio, networking, video blow up / disappear / reappear
/ reconfigure themselves incorrectly...to list just the tip of the
iceberg things that are working in less than stellar fashion. So if
you're not on the official 8.04 Hardy then all bets are off.

Also what rev level of vBox are you running? The transition from 1.6
was not smooth, but after some false starts all the immediate gotchas
have been nailed and 2.0.2 seems stable. Except that it keeps losing
one of my shared folders after a physical reboot, which is a minor
annoyance but no show-stopper.
NP: nothing