intrepid artwork

Karoliina Salminen karoliina.t.salminen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 22:07:28 BST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM,  <revapran at vfemail.net> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What's the state of the intrepid artwork? Any screenshots of what it
> currently looks like?

I don't know as an outsider for sure.

But thing is: I would really love this:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/DustTheme?action=show&redirect=Artwork%2FIncoming%2FIntrepid%2FDustTheme

(I already installed it into my work computer)

And I really really really don't like the appearance of the wallpaper
on these screenshots on this blog (the traditional orange ubuntu theme
is not the best possible out there, and no wow  (as a boring theme not
very good for marketing), but it is acceptable compromise, clear and
does not hurt the eyes):
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njc1NA

I hope that the theme on Intrepid would be something fresh, and if it
is not fresh, but the old orange theme, at least the default wallpaper
should be good and not like on these screenshots. I have seen quite
many very good wallpaper submissions on the artwork wiki. I hope a
good one gets selected. For example the ones presented with the Dust
theme are quite nice and don't push me to search gnomelook.org for
better wallpapers right away. There are a number of other very good
submissions as well. You can see those from here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/

I have not found any place which would say for sure which
theme/wallpaper is going to be used.

Best Regards,
Karoliina