JACK keeps me frustrated

Tomas Valusek tvalusek at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 6 18:12:43 GMT 2008

Hello,

I curse JACK - such a hostile piece of software, whose error messages
provide no help, stops itself working after mere editing of options
according to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToJACKConfiguration
(first example, I happen to have the same sound card).

The worst - I don't know how to return to previous working state other
from completely reinstall Ubuntu Studio from scratch ... If only Linux
had Restore points as WinXP does ...

Unfortunately, I'm sending this mail from Windows, which is still my
main working OS, Ubuntu Studio didn't make it from experimentation state
yet, so I can't provide contents of JAKC's Message Window.

I absolutely don't know what now, how to return JACK to its previous
working state. Can anyone help me? Many thanks in advance.

Tomas Valusek