Jack/Ardour impressions

suemac at empire.net suemac at empire.net
Mon Nov 3 14:30:21 GMT 2008

Hi All,

Well I've kinda put getting my wireless card working again on the shelf for
now, it was becoming a time sink. Seems the .16 and higher revs of 8.0.4
can really get the 3945ABG twisted. At this point I have no kernel of the 5
on the boot list that will connect wireless, not even the original that did
out of the box.

In any case, I've been toying around with Ardour, JACK, and and Presonous
FP10.

In general, it seems to work better with the rt kernel. But it seems pretty
easy to get the whole lot to become confused, actually hung. To the point
that JACK and Ardour have to be killed in the process monitor.

Activating the UbuntuStudio tools seemed to help overall. I'll need to do
some more research on what this actually does.

I played around with the latency settings, while JACK and Ardour were
running...don't do that, understandably, they don't like it!

Mac