Res: 44K vs 96K and so on

Pietro Bergamo bergamopietro at yahoo.com.br
Fri May 30 21:26:51 BST 2008

----- Mensagem original ----
De: Andrew Oikle <aoikle at gmail.com>

>I clearly hear the difference when I record my music at 48khz vs. 44.1khz.

The article is not about recording, but playback. What the guys say is that there is no audible difference in the playback of a SACD or DVD-A if you pass the signal through the CD "bottleneck". They even state that "The usefulness of the increased dynamic range afforded by longer word lengths for mixdown has never been in question".

cheers,
Pietro

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/