Difference between CD- and Meta-Install

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Mon May 5 15:10:25 BST 2008

hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> I don't know what the differences are, maybe cory can shed some light
> on it?
>
> Philipp

Just a few things.

    * It's not quite the same in that your current user will not get all
      the settings we set. (new users will)
    * There looks to be a upgrade issue. (System sees you as Ubuntu and
      not Studio)
    * Just feels messy. (obviously my OCD opinion)

Big thing is uses are using a different base. Just has made it difficult
to troubleshoot in the past.

So personally, I recommend a clean install of Studio and not just use of
our packages like -desktop or -settings.

-Cory \m/