I know just enough to really screw up my machine...

Gary Ball gball at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 20 17:20:32 GMT 2008

Hi Christopher.

I tried that but it either kept giving me errors or it would ask for
the install cd (which is a dvd) and it wouldn't recognize my Atapi
dvd drive.
I messed around for awhile, but eventually re-installed Ubuntu from
CD, then Studio form the terminal.
Luckily there wasn't any crucial data I needed on my machine. I
would've gone nuts if I had tunes & media to rescue!

Thanks for all you help. It makes me see the need to get a much
better understanding of unix!

Regards,

Gary Ball

home.cogeco.ca/~gball