Audacity crashes Jack

Jason Schaefer schaefer.jason at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:01:14 GMT 2008

Do you really need to run audacity with jack? You should write to the
audacity mailing list about this. Jack and audacity don't work so well
right now (portaudio). Maybe you want to look into another sound
editor that has better jack support. http://jackaudio.org/applications

Again, you might think of upgrading portaudio to the latest dev
snapshot. That is what I had to do for mixxx (another portaudio/jack
app) to work. I can give more details if you want to try it.

You can find the .wav files in an ardour project under the sounds
folder. You can break the project if you mess these up. BTW, Ardour
has the best jack support, the most features, and is the most stable
sound editor for gnu/linux right now. Is it too complex for your
needs? If you stick with the basics, its actually really straight
forward. Be sure to read the manual
http://ardour.org/files/manual/index.html