question about ogg/ogv

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Tue Jul 22 16:11:39 BST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:53:38 +0200
"laurent.bellegarde" <laurent.bellegarde at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> where can i found informations about the rules to create free video
> using
>
> - video : theora
>
> - audio : vorbis
>
> - container : ogg or ogv
>
> as i look there, the official website doesn't indicate ogv
> container ???
>
> http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
>
> Is there something official for ogv, because none of all the video
> editing software under GNU/Linux is creating ogv container, only ogg.
>
> Thank's for your answers,
>
> Laurent

Hi Laurent,
there has recently been a discussion about .oga
As far as I understand it, it's just the extension, the container is
all the same. It is also not clear if it is a good idea to use .oga,
I don't know if there is an app that produces it, it only causes
problems so far.
I guess it's the same with .ogv

Regards
	Philipp