new free video editor ready for ubuntu studio

defred at free.fr defred at free.fr
Tue Jan 8 08:23:49 GMT 2008

I just had a look at open movie editor, it looks quite simple indeed. For having
used Kdenlive for a job last year (and it was not yet 0.5 wich is far more
stable) I can tell it's a well done software, simple but complete and really
promising (among the plus are the export templates based on ffmpeg, good support
for various formats, of course it has its load of weird bugs, we encountered
problems with audio tracks during export but finally sort it out).
For now I think Kdenlive is a step forward than open movie editor, wich looks
fast and straight but also maybe too simplistic.

that's just an opinion from a kdenlive user.

deFred

(god my english is weird early in the morning)