Ardour vs. Audacity?

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 16:22:29 GMT 2008

Sorry, I didn't know that Rosegarden did real audio and not just MIDI. I see
that it does after looking... :-( And I feel a bit stupid for saying that...

But really, you're not supposed to actually use that, are you???!!!! It's
almost a joke, IMO.

I guess I should be more careful what I say... :-)

On Jan 4, 2008 9:46 PM, D. Michael McIntyre <
michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> wrote:

> On Friday 04 January 2008, Christopher Stamper wrote:
>
> > Rosegarden is for notation and MIDI, NOT audio. So it won't help at all.
> > (unless you wanted to record MIDI and not audio).
>
> I'm not sure what to make of this.  Are you saying that Rosegarden can't
> record audio, or that its audio facilities are so horrible that it's not
> possible to conceive of using them for something?
>
> Ardour wins for features, sure, because it only does the one job.
>  However, if
> the field of consideration includes something like Audacity...  Are you
> nuts?
> Come on man, I'm fine with everyone preferring Ardour for audio recording,
> but you seem to be implying that Rosegarden is less useful for recording
> and
> mixing a one man band than Audacity, and that's simply ludicrous.
> --
> D. Michael McIntyre

Christopher Stamper
christopherstamper at gmail.com