M-Audio Oxygen8 v2 and Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet

Karoliina Salminen karoliina.t.salminen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:52:27 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have M-audio Axiom 25 which I use as a portable 2 octave keyboard. It is very
good. The keys are much more plastic and lower quality on Oxygen8 than on Axiom,
I would like to recommend the Axiom models instead - the keys are
semi-weighted and
have a whole diffferent feel to them. To the date, the Axiom25 has the
best feel of any keyboard I have
owned to the date (I have Korg Wavestation, Roland D70 and one Yamaha
and have previously had D10, and compared to those,
the Axiom is better than any of those what is comes to feel). The
pitch wheel has quite good feel to it and
does pitch bends accurately. The mod wheel is also intuitive. And the
keyboard has also aftertouch I frequently use
when playing. I kind of expected lower quality from M-audio and I was
positively surprised when I unboxed the keyboard.

I have the sticky keys problem on the Wavestation. The Axiom feels
like it is not likely to develop such problems.
All keys function perfectly and I trust this keyboard now very much.
It also features knobs, pads some buttons
and a midi interface.

So summary: Axiom25 is a 2 octave keyboard like the Oxygen8, but a
higher quality version of the same concept.
I use it on the desktop behind the computer keyboard when I compose -
both fit nicely on the small space and I don't need
to turn around to start playing. This setup is very productive.
Here is a picture of my "home studio":
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NN-IjvHwReE/SM1xQ-5WG8I/AAAAAAAAAHE/VNPQowTm1OQ/s1600-h/karoliinastudio08_blog.jpg
( If you can't see the picture, please try this link:
http://karoliinamusic.blogspot.com/2008/09/just-connected-hardware-synths-again.html
)

Best Regards,
Karoliina