A few problems with Ubuntu Studio

John Gardner jeg1972 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:31:57 GMT 2008

About 1 and a half years ago I built a new system for the sole purpose
of setting up a home studio, it has a ASUS M2N4-SLI motherboard, AMD
64x2 4800+ CPU and M-Audio Delta 1010lt soundcard.  I bought Studio To
Go! from Fervent Software, managed to record a few things and then work
took over so I forgot about until this month when I have some time to
get back on with things.  Now, because Fervent Software has now gone and
there is no longer any support for Studio To Go! I installed Unbuntu
Studio as a replacement, but I'm having a few problems getting it all up
and running.

I've transferred the JACK config parameters from Studio To Go! to Ubuntu
Studio but I'm having some problems getting it all working as it was.
I've managed to get sound out of Audacity through the Delta 1010, but
only when JACK isn't running, and I can't seem to get anything from the
mic either into Audacity or Ardour... does anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance

John