two sound cards, keeping their HW number

Mark Stuart Burge mark at msbrepairs.com
Sat Oct 13 14:46:52 BST 2007

I don't know if this is the correct solution, but if you have disabled
the on board card already, then you could (having installed alsatools)
try   sudo alsaconf
That should remove the references to the disabled card.

And there is a how to I used some time back on giving certain cards in a
two card setup a priority at the alsa level.
I will look for it and post if  I find it.