no sound with ardour

Steve Lindsay stephen.a.lindsay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:52:28 BST 2007

On 10/4/07, brendon <brendontoogood at gmail.com> wrote:

> > However, if you're not hearing anything with everything connected up
> > and with the record button on the track selected then there is
> > something else wrong. Can you describe what the connections in
> > qjackctl look like? (the audio tab, not the midi tab)
>
> I have just got home and hit the conections tab on jack andi have in the
> readable clients/output ports alsa_pcm capture_1 and capture_2 they have
> a mic icon and under writable clients/input ports i have alsa_pcm with
> playback_1 and playback_2 and they have a speaker icon

Sorry, I meant while you had ardour running. If ardour is running it
should also appear in that list of connections. As was suggested by
another poster, you're not going to get any sound going into ardour
unless the alsa capture port(s) are hooked up to an ardour input. I
just wanted to confirm that when you were recording as described in
your earlier email that everything was hooked up correctly jack-wise.

Cheers....Steve