What do you guys listen to? :)

Evan Gill deepthinker22 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 23:12:24 GMT 2007

My all time favorite, Demon Hunter, The best Christian Heavy Metal Band
ever, if not all time best heavy metal band ever. Although I like anything
from classical to classic rock to many other things. Just not RAP crap,
hip-hop or than new pop stuff they call country.

By the way, I do recording on the side for a job, equipment, time and
everything adds up quick. I even charge higher than average because I don't
live in Nashville, and in terms of profit percentages, that is my payroll.
There is a narrow margin that just comes down to how efficient I am time
wise. So when I sell the CD, after cost of packaging, printing, recording,
mass produced burning and CD imaging, shipping (those machines are really
expensive) and then sell the disk to a distributor or best buy for example.
It can be anywhere from 4 to 9 bucks depending on number of tracks and what
equipment was used layout etc. Each time I get them done the price is
slightly cheaper as equipment cost bringing me in the red. But Best buy has
to make a living to. Biggest place at losing money, is the software, I have
4 different DAWs depending on which band is in, because of different
capabilities. My latest was over eight hundred dollars, and then updates and
subscriptions cost money to. It's not something that is easy to make money
in. That's why record companies are so big, (I HATE RECORD COMPANIES) people
need them to be supported and get business. Plus other P2P networks like
bittorent and lime wire are really selling us out. So next time you see a CD
under 10 Bucks, and it's not a "big band" be thankful that the record
companies and the internet have not made it more expensive.