Notation Software

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Nov 22 20:44:23 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007, Toby Smithe wrote:
> I'm also interested in music notation programs, and had not come across
> mScore before. I've downloaded the sources, and am in the process of
> building an Ubuntu package for it, which I will then upload to my
> PPA[0].

That sounds very good.

> I never know why upstreams bundle libraries, when they could just depend
> on them as shared objects. If they need patches, then send them further
> upstream!

It reminds me of the whole Ardour in Debian debacle of years ago.

Then again, Rosegarden is bundling a KDE theme now, so we don't look so crappy
for your GNOME users with default environments.  It might be interesting to
see how that goes when we release.  If we can stop finding bugs long enough
to release that is.  Our next release will happen in August 2007.  Chortle.
--
D. Michael McIntyre