Notation Software

Luis de Bethencourt bethencourt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:44:32 GMT 2007

Music Notation is a concern for Ubuntu Studio. We don't have
nightmares over it but we are very interested.

I know you prefer Rosegarden as you are a developer, but we already
ship rosegarden by default.

Please, by all means, look at all the good software out there and let
me know what are your findings and opinions. You are far more
experienced in this field so I trust your word.

Luis de Bethencourt

On Nov 22, 2007 6:25 PM, D. Michael McIntyre
<michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> > premature, but thanks a lot Michael for your great explanation and
> > detailing of the pros and cons of what we have.
>
> It's not quite thorough enough, and definitely biased, but you're welcome for
> the effort anyway.
>
> > If you were to decide to ship one of this by default in Ubuntu
> > Studio... which one it would be?
>
> That's a silly thing to ask a Rosegarden developer.  :)
>
> But to produce a fair answer, I really should spend some time taking a fresh
> look at everything for the first time in years.  I know I'll still come out
> liking Rosegarden best of all, but it might be really useful to see which
> application can and can't do what at the present time.
>
> Of course this all assumes Ubuntu Studio is even concerned with notation.  Is
> it?  Is this really a big question for your users?  Should we take all of
> this somewhere it's more on topic?
> --
>
> D. Michael McIntyre

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá