Notation Software

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Nov 22 17:25:53 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> premature, but thanks a lot Michael for your great explanation and
> detailing of the pros and cons of what we have.

It's not quite thorough enough, and definitely biased, but you're welcome for
the effort anyway.

> If you were to decide to ship one of this by default in Ubuntu
> Studio... which one it would be?

That's a silly thing to ask a Rosegarden developer.  :)

But to produce a fair answer, I really should spend some time taking a fresh
look at everything for the first time in years.  I know I'll still come out
liking Rosegarden best of all, but it might be really useful to see which
application can and can't do what at the present time.

Of course this all assumes Ubuntu Studio is even concerned with notation.  Is
it?  Is this really a big question for your users?  Should we take all of
this somewhere it's more on topic?
--
D. Michael McIntyre