New to the list . . . with questions

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Nov 8 23:00:01 GMT 2007

On Thursday 08 November 2007, Marilyn Hagle wrote:
> Rosegarden = I don't hear anything = I have tried many things!  (It works
> on my Musix live CD)

Musix ships with a soundfont and a neat script to start a soft synth and load
that soundfont, so Rosegarden can make noise by default out of the box.  I
think Musix is the only distro that can make this claim.

Your most likely scenario is you don't have any hardware MIDI playback
capability, and you need to run, eg. QSynth.

http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/en/chapter-2.html#2
--
D. Michael McIntyre