New to the list . . . with questions

Marilyn Hagle marilyn at fineartsforall.org
Thu Nov 8 20:26:05 GMT 2007

Hi there!

I am a high school technology teacher.  My classes are desktop publishing,
webmastering, 3D computer animation, and multimedia (digital sound and video).

We are using Ubuntu Studio.  For the most part it rocks.  I have three packages
that I want to use, however, that have issues.

Rosegarden = I don't hear anything = I have tried many things!  (It works on my
Musix live CD)

Audacity = It is fickle about playing sound . . . sometimes it works and
sometimes it says "error when opening sound device."  (this works on my Musix
live CD too)

And . . . I want to install Cinelerra.  I installed it on my laptop at home, but
 cannot install it here at school.  It lists a bunch of dependencies but says
they will not be installed.

Yikes!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!