how to configure the network in a lab with 8 computers and ubuntustudio

Det mailtodet at dets-home.de
Thu Nov 8 07:15:20 GMT 2007

> PS: It would also be nice to configure all machines without effort
> (install programs and so on). A local repo would be a good but I am
> thinking if it would be possible to "clone" all the system changes in
> one machine to the other 7...

When reading this, "PXE" jumped into my mind.

Without any own experience in this matter, perhaps
KA-Tools may be worth looking at:
http://pauillac.inria.fr/cdrom/www/ka-tools/

(More general things on this topic see at:
http://www.kegel.com/linux/pxe.html,  and
this may declare some background too:
http://www.linuxdevices.com/files/misc/pxe_boot_stb-howto.html)

I don't know how much of that mentioned stuff is part of
ubuntu or edubuntu, so this posting here may only be a hint to
the next corner on your way across the whole town.

KR
Det