Chipset intel-hda (ICH8)

Antonio Mancina mancina at gandalf.sssup.it
Wed Dec 26 20:15:08 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've just bought a new laptop, there's a Realtek soundcard inside (intel high definition - ICH8).
This is the corresponding row in lspci output:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

I've tried to follow the instructions for my plain Ubuntu installation in Ubuntustudio to make it work, but with no results.
In particular, in K/Ubuntu, it's sufficient to install the linux-backports-modules-generic package and to add the following row

option intel-hda-sound model=toshiba

to the end of the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base file. After a simple reboot, the sound works.

I've tried exactly the same thing in Ubuntustudio, with linux-backports-modules-2.6.22-14-rt in place of linux-backports-modules-generic  but with no
success.

Has anyone managed to make this soundcard work in UbStudio?

Thanks all!
Bye,
--
Antonio