For the photographers. gimp-ufraw/gimp-dcraw/rawstudio

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 5 07:38:33 GMT 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 10:36:33AM -0500, Cory K. wrote:
> So here's a question for the photobugs.
>
> From Feisty to Gutsy we switched from gimp-dcraw to -ufraw because it
> provided more options and we were told by other users that it was better.
>
> Now I have another question on this topic. gimp-ufraw or Rawstudio?
> http://rawstudio.org Now this question will not remove gimp-ufraw. I'm
> simply wondering if the addition of Rawstudio would provide anything
> over gimp-ufraw?
>
> I've been told that RAW formats change slightly from maker to maker and
> support for the formats are added to the app or plugin.
>
> So does Rawstudio excel anywhere?

In my opinion, no. But then much depends on an individual's personal needs
and workflow. The ufraw plugin to GIMP works perfectly for me (with the
mandatory addition of the GREYCStoration gimp plugin). But I also use
Hugin, fotox, and LightZone depending on the need. Best thing to do is
check out Rawstudio and see what it can do for you.

Jack