What do you guys listen to? :)

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Mon Dec 3 22:14:35 GMT 2007

Det schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> ¡tengo que decir que este foro es el mas loco que conozco!
>> Da li neko od vas govori Srpski, jezik koji svi razumeju?
> ... Vielleicht sollten wir es in babylon-studio forum umbennen....

Yeahhh!! Rule Babylon Rule!!

By the way - what was the topic? Music?

VoiVod (most under-rated metal-band on the planet)
Ozzy/Sabbath
P.J. Harvey
Patty Smith Group
Killing Joke
Beach Boys
QOTSA
Suicide
Wagner/Ring
Bach/Piano-Works
Classic Punkrock/Wave (Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Voidoids, Pistols, Pere
Ubu you name it...)

I tend to like music by the piece, there are not many artists, I like
completely. F.I.: I love the live-version of "Heart of te sunrise" by
YES and I know most of their albums but I only own "yessongs" and a
compilation LP with teir classics. I am deeply impressed by antony and
the johnsons but I only listen to a few songs of them. To respect and
adeaquately estimate something does not mean that you are obliged to
*like* it... Another example: I accept, that Bob Marley was a very
talented artists and songs like "redemption song" qualify as the work of
a genius - but I dislike some of his lyrics and I just can't stand his
way of singing...

Even though I got moose on my back I still like a lot of very new stuff
like Mogwai, System of a Down (best beards I saw in a band-video for
years...), Charlotte Heatherley and many others. And I still make
strange discoveries like the Smiths, the Walkabouts or Kistin Hersh that
I ignored, when they where big and now I like them a lot...

My 13 year old daughter loves newer japanese rockmusic (JRock/Visual Kei
etc) and this makes me kinda proud - these people know how to play and
they are fresh and cool like hell. Check out MUCC, Exist Trace or Dir en
Grey - fantastic stuff!