[ubuntu-studio-devel] Pre-Installed Application Review

Hank Stanglow stanglow at yandex.com
Tue May 12 19:45:37 UTC 2020

On 5/12/20 8:45 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
> I would rather answer a few more times why studio doesn't include
> Calf, that see them continuously recomended as first choice. I see
> Calf as a "well you can of course install them from the repos but we
> will not give support if you have trouble with them".

Interesting, I hadn't known about problems in Calf. They were the
plugins I always used first because they had a good mix of sound,
simplicity, and style, but now I use LSP and Xhip effects for everything
because I either need something that is really detailed or really
simple. However, I do like that Calf Fluidsynth frontend and their
simple synths so I would definitely install Calf immediately on a new setup.