[ubuntu-studio-devel] youtube firefox and jack

Len len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Mar 2 03:09:28 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-01 18:11, 0thermail at protonmail.com wrote:

> When I try to watch youtube videos on firefox while jack is running,
> the video wont play. As soon as i stop jack it will play. Does anyone
> else experience this?
>
> I'm using a fresh install of ubuntu studio 18.10 (though i experienced
> the same issue with 16.04)

If you are starting jack with a command line like:
jackd <parameters>
or you start an application that expects to use jack without jack
already running, then this behavior is expected. If you use
ubuntustudio-controls or qjackctl (with default settings) to start jack
right after session start then you will be starting jackdbus and pulse
will be bridged to jackdbus and the audio should go to whatever jackdbus
has for  system_1 and system_2. If you are not using system_1 and
system_2 as your outputs (some audio devices have the monitor outputs
elsewhere) then you would want to use ubuntustudio-controls where you
can set your outputs to some other consecutive outputs.

www.ovenewerks.net