[ubuntu-studio-devel] i386 architecture will be dropped starting with eoan (Ubuntu 19.10)

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:54:12 UTC 2019

That may be practical in the US and Europe, but far less practical for
say, an activist media maker in a Rio favela opposing Bolsonaro's
efforts to "cleanse" the city of the poor. S/he might be limited to
the hardware on hand, and an upgrade requirement will be translated
into a change distro or don't update software requirement. Not
everyone has even a single penny to spend on replacing equipment that
may still function as it did when new. Just because fat-pig ad
supported websites full of tracking and fingerprinting scripts have
moved on doesn't mean everyone has to.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:44 PM, "Kris Komar"  wrote:It’s time to move on.
Having 1GB of RAM is no longer acceptable in computing today. We need
to move forward. You could have argued that point in 2010 to some
success but it’s 2019. 2019! They will need to upgrade.