[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Freeze for 19.04

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 20 03:42:29 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

As you may or may not know, Feature Freeze for the 19.04 development
cycle is coming up on Thursday (21st). We have a number of packages
that need to get pushed through, namely:

carla
grub2-themes-ubuntustudio

which are brand-new packages. Carla is at version 1.9.13 (2.0-RC3).
When Carla gets uploaded, we should drop Patchage in favor of Carla as
Patchage is no longer developed.

Additionally, we have updates for the following packages:

ubuntustudio-icon-theme
ubuntustudio-installer
ubuntustudio-default-settings
ubuntustudio-controls
ubuntustudio-look
ubuntustudio-menu

Hopefully after this release cycle I'll be able to apply for MOTU so
that we can work a little more autonomously

Today, after asking Len about it, I switched -icon-theme to base off of
the ePapirus icon theme (from the papirus-icon-theme package) for three
reasons:

1) The Xubuntu icon theme is based on the Elementary icon theme, which
changed from its more blue color to beige. This didn't blend well with
our Numix Blue GTK theme.
2) Papirus has a very modern aesthetic that blends extremely well with
our Numix Blue theme.

I went with ePapirus because the standard Papirus theme from the
package blended a little too well with our dark panel.

I wouldn't mind hearing some feedback on this changed. It's one that is
easily reverted if necessary. I realize that icon themes can be a
touchy subject, so I understand if there are disagreements to this
matter.

So, in summary, we need to do what we can to get these packages moved
through, and let me know what you think about the icons.

Best regards,
Erich

--
Erich Eickmeyer