[ubuntu-studio-devel] Feature Freeze for 19.04

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Fri Feb 22 08:19:15 UTC 2019

Hi Erich,

On 2/20/19 4:42 AM, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
> As you may or may not know, Feature Freeze for the 19.04 development
> cycle is coming up on Thursday (21st). We have a number of packages
> that need to get pushed through, namely:
>
> carla

I was tidying up the packaging a bit two days ago, and hopefully over
the weekend (or today) I will finish:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntustudio-meta/+bug/1817264

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntustudio-meta/+bug/1817262

> Additionally, we have updates for the following packages:
>
> ubuntustudio-icon-theme
> ubuntustudio-installer
> ubuntustudio-default-settings
> ubuntustudio-controls

Controls is awaiting sponsorship:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntustudio-controls/+bug/1809024

> ubuntustudio-look
> ubuntustudio-menu

I will carry on with the rest on the weekend.

There was also new wallpaper package in the autobuilder?

> Hopefully after this release cycle I'll be able to apply for MOTU so
> that we can work a little more autonomously

It is probably better to aim for Per Package Upload (PPU) rights first
(for the ubuntustudio-* packages). I think this is what Kai had. The
Membership Board will be much more picky for unfettered power over the
universe :-)

I hope to apply again after the rush is over. It would be great to have
more than one uploader.

Ross