[ubuntu-studio-devel] Web design/theme contribution

Shinta Carolinasari shinta at playmain.com
Tue Apr 16 12:52:34 UTC 2019

Hi Eylul,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Well yes, those restriction sounds
limiting, as we cannot freely utilize helpful plugins, but yes we
understand the reason.
So as long as the theme doesn't depend on plugins it should be fine
then, right. Which means all content management related things need to
be done in a WordPress standard way (done in dashboard admin, and
without touching theme source code).

Agree with your idea, we can define & isolate editable area into custom
fields (or theme customizer) to make it easy & quick to update.

Also, we can utilize custom templates & widgets to handle several
different layout scenarios,
including providing a blank page template to allow adding own hand-coded
HTML & CSS when it really necessary.

And the good things, the latest version of WP (ver 5) has built-in block
editor (Gutenberg).
That will make editing complex layout easier.
(You keep updating Wordpress to the latest version, right?)

 > I hope this is helpful and not too demoralizing. :)
All good, We are still excited 🙂

So we are waiting for the decision, whether it ok to go ahead and continue.

Thank you,
Shinta