[ubuntu-studio-devel] availability of alternate DEs

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:48:57 UTC 2018

The main issue I have seen is having to tweak startup prograns from a session's
control panel to keep multiple copies of the desktop icons from being displayed
by multiple file managers. I have MATE, GNOME, and Cinnamon installed and
can configure any one of them at a time to properly show the desktop, but not
seamlessly session switch without having to either start or kill a file manager
from the alt-F2 dialog. So trivial for me I think little of it but yeah this could
flummox a new user.