[ubuntu-studio-devel] availability of alternate DEs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Oct 7 19:42:36 UTC 2018

On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 15:27:25 -0400, lukefromdc at hushmail.com wrote:
>Most DE's are designed not to conflict with any other DE

Yesno :D, for some more or less exceptional cases, regarding so called
major DEs, you and I know better :p. A "conflict" might not be the right
term for some issues, users could experience.

I would reduce it to switching between window mangers, never does cause
an issue, but switching between desktop environments not necessarily
does, but always could come with a pitfall.