[ubuntu-studio-devel] availability of alternate DEs

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Fri Oct 5 17:17:07 UTC 2018

Is it not possible to install the kubuntu metapackage (or one of them)
on a Ubuntu Studio install and then chose the DE when logging in?

If that was possible, then we could add a new metapackage to our
ubuntustudio seeds that could be optionally installed, and then switch
the seeds to that metapackage once we are happy.

I have never understood the need for the extra ISO. Is it so we can
offer an install for both DE's, or is there some setting that can only
be made at install time?