[ubuntu-studio-devel] gnome vs kde (regarding: The problem with gnome)

Alexandru Băluț alexandru.balut at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:00:53 UTC 2018

You make this sound like I'm upset that you did not choose Gnome3. I have
no idea what process you guys followed to choose the default DE, so I have
nothing to say about that. Has this process been documented BTW? Just
curious. I have no idea what are these "alternate DEs" you mentioned, I'll
go read about it.

I replied because I see Len has a bad image about GNOME's team, which is
false. Do you agree with what he said below?
- The attitude seems to be away from the user having things the way they
like and more to the we provide a finished product that "we know is best
for you".
- gnome tends to tell you "this is whats good for you eat it."
- I am not sure what happened to "the user is right" in gnome's mind, but
it sure gone.