[ubuntu-studio-devel] Meeting Notes 2018-05-05
ikemonster at gmail.com
Sun May 6 03:21:08 UTC 2018
- Eylul found some pictures for use with the new website, will take a
little more work.
- SlidingHorn volunteered to work on getting the new theme working.
- Eylul started an official Mastodon account
- Erich to still look into it as a platform (still unfamiliar)
Drop 32-bit Support
- Ubuntu Studio is not targeting "giving new life to old machines" as
many of its apps require a certain amount of horsepower to begin with.
- Everyone was in favor of dropping support for 32-bit.
- Erich to make official request.
New DE talk & research
- Gnome 3 ruled-out, no menus by default cited as reason, difficult for
- DEs being considered:
- Xfce (current default)
- Cinnamon (if defaulted, would give Ubuntu Studio a unique DE among
the official flavors)
- Community to be surveyed via StrawPoll linked on website blog post
- Erich to post blog, SlidingHorn to create StrawPoll
- Eylul's new wallpaper to be included, possibly default.
- Wallpaper contest being considered for community participation
- "Show off what you're doing with Ubuntu Studio"
- With the new leadership, Ubuntu Studio is in need of mentorship &
- Erich to reach out to other flavors and Ubuntu members for help
Have a great week everyone!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the ubuntu-studio-devel