[ubuntu-studio-devel] -controls

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Apr 9 15:57:57 UTC 2018

Systemd is somewhat of a headache. I have been testing -controls in 1804
and ondemand has been moved to systemd. Not only that, some of the kernel
modules don't seem to be loaded before cpufreq runs. I can fix all this
stuff but if I do, -controls will be something that works for 1804 but not
for 1604. (where the exact cutoff would be I don't know)

Any opinions as to supporting older versions in -controls, or should we
just go forward?

My thoughts are to move forward as we don't seem to do back ports anyway,
so Ardour for 16.04 is still 4.* even though active development is on 6.0.
I'm sure other applications are similar.

www.ovenwerks.net