[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ardour5 crashes under ubuntu-studio 17.04

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Apr 17 19:56:42 UTC 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017, gerdmitpferd at online.de wrote:

> I can open ardour5 projects, which I created under ubuntu-studio 16.10, not with
> ardour5 under ubuntu-studio 17.04. Adour then falls off.
>
> New projects are running.
>
> jack is crashing.....
>
> I emailed with info at ardour.org, and they told me jack was faulty in 17.04
>
> what can I do?
>
> I think the Ardour is an important application in ubuntu-studio 17.04. It is
> certainly in your interest to solve the problem quickly.

Interesting, I have not been able to replicate this so far... but then
most of my "old sessions" were last run in Ardour 5.8, not 5.0. I will try
creating some sessions in 5.0 on 16.04 and running them on 5.5 in 17.04
and see how it goes.

Ardour 5.5 (in 17.04) should be able to run without jack... I was able to.

I do not run 17.04 by default, but LTS at this time. I may change that as
we move towards 18.04. I have other dev projects that should not be
disturbed overly much...

www.ovenwerks.net