[ubuntu-studio-devel] check-in and reminder release candidate on April 6th
eylul at ubuntustudio.org
Wed Apr 12 23:26:37 UTC 2017
Quick update: behind testing, but the release notes are up.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/ReleaseNotes/UbuntuStudio feel free
to add, remove, edit, etc to make sure we didn't miss any other changes.
Also, got in touch with Set about the website, both Krytarik and I have
administrator access, so we should be able to post tomorrow or when needed.
On 04/02/2017 11:52 AM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> On 03/31/2017 10:36 AM, eylul wrote:
>> I will be around for testing April 11,12,13th, and will be available in
>> chatroom the (european) evenings during that time. Will probably try to
>> do some more tests before that too if I can.
>> I'll also start the notes so that we can all add items on it. (nag me if
>> it is not done by next tuesday). (unfortunately probably not much help
>> on development side tasks).
> Thanks for volunteering for that. It can easily be forgotten in the rush
> of testing the ISO images.
>> we should probably also email users ML to see if there is anybody who
>> can help us test there as well. :)
> Done - just now
>> On 03/30/2017 01:56 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
>>> Thanks Eylul - you must have read my mind!
>>> On 29/03/17 20:43, eylul wrote:
>>>> Zesty release is right around the corner and we will have release
>>>> candidates out starting April 6th. Where are we with things? Who do we
>>>> have available to test the week of April 6th/13th?
>>> I am afraid I have availability problems for this particular release
>>> week. I might have some time on the 6th to test the first Release
>>> Candidate. And I should be back on the 13th to try and help with the
>>> release, but with no guarantee that I will have much time to spare.
>>> So it would be great to have some volunteers for testing one or two of
>>> the days during that week. Please reply to this message if you can,
>>> otherwise we might need to inform the Ubuntu Release Team that we
>>> would like to defer our release until after the Easter Holidays.
>>> There are also some tasks that I am aware of that we could be doing
>>> this week to help prepare for a good release.
>>> 1. Len did some excellent work on ubuntustudio-controls this cycle,
>>> but we needed to revert back to something like the state it was at
>>> Revision 128. I tried to do this, but may have made some mistakes
>>> (r130). It crashed when I tested it, and I haven't had time to get
>>> back on it. It may be too late to get a freeze exception for this, but
>>> if someone was keen to try.........
> Prepared & waiting for the Release Team to confirm the Freeze Exception.
> We should maybe ping them on IRC next week.
>>> 2. There has been a mass rebuild of the archive, and there are a few
>>> build failures of our packages that someone could look into:
>>> 1. No-one from the team (that I am aware of) did any real testing of
>>> the Final Beta, so the Ubuntu Release Team asked that we give the
>>> daily ISOs a good bash between now and the release:
>>> 2. We could do with a smoke test of our important applications. There
>>> are test cases that can be used here:
>>> Please submit a bug if you find something bad, and let us know. Please
>>> also record your results if you found no problems, then others can
>>> decide to concentrate on untested ones if they are short of time.
>>> Lots of people have already reported bugs against our packages:
>>> Feel free to triage some of these bugs to see if any of our packages
>>> contain serious bugs, and let us know. There is some advice here for
>>> triaging bugs in Launchpad:
>>> I hope we can all "muck in" and make it a good release!
> Do we have someone to man the website & blog about the release?
> Also, our support for the Ubuntu Studio Trusty 14.04 (LTS) release ends
> with the release of 17.04 (3 years). We should announce this here, the
> users list and on the website ahead of time.
More information about the ubuntu-studio-devel