[ubuntu-studio-devel] check-in and reminder release candidate on April 6th

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Sun Apr 2 08:52:48 UTC 2017

On 03/31/2017 10:36 AM, eylul wrote:
> I will be around for testing April 11,12,13th, and will be available in
> chatroom the (european) evenings during that time. Will probably try to
> do some more tests before that too if I can.
> I'll also start the notes so that we can all add items on it. (nag me if
> it is not done by next tuesday). (unfortunately probably not much help
> on development side tasks).

Thanks for volunteering for that. It can easily be forgotten in the rush
of testing the ISO images.

> we should probably also email users ML to see if there is anybody who
> can help us test there as well. :)

Done - just now

> On 03/30/2017 01:56 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
>> Thanks Eylul - you must have read my mind!
>> On 29/03/17 20:43, eylul wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> Zesty release is right around the corner and we will have release
>>> candidates out starting April 6th. Where are we with things? Who do we
>>> have available to test the week of April 6th/13th?
>>> Best
>>> Eylul
>> I am afraid I have availability problems for this particular release
>> week. I might have some time on the 6th to test the first Release
>> Candidate. And I should be back on the 13th to try and help with the
>> release, but with no guarantee that I will have much time to spare.
>> So it would be great to have some volunteers for testing one or two of
>> the days during that week. Please reply to this message if you can,
>> otherwise we might need to inform the Ubuntu Release Team that we
>> would like to defer our release until after the Easter Holidays.
>> There are also some tasks that I am aware of that we could be doing
>> this week to help prepare for a good release.

>> Development:
>> 1. Len did some excellent work on ubuntustudio-controls this cycle,
>> but we needed to revert back to something like the state it was at
>> Revision 128. I tried to do this, but may have made some mistakes
>> (r130). It crashed when I tested it, and I haven't had time to get
>> back on it. It may be too late to get a freeze exception for this, but
>> if someone was keen to try.........
Prepared & waiting for the Release Team to confirm the Freeze Exception.
We should maybe ping them on IRC next week.

>> 2. There has been a mass rebuild of the archive, and there are a few
>> build failures of our packages that someone could look into:
>> http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ftbfs/rebuilds/test-rebuild-20170322.1-zesty.html#ubuntustudio
>> http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/#ubuntustudio
>> Testing:
>> 1. No-one from the team (that I am aware of) did any real testing of
>> the Final Beta, so the Ubuntu Release Team asked that we give the
>> daily ISOs a good bash between now and the release:
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/369/builds
>> 2. We could do with a smoke test of our important applications. There
>> are test cases that can be used here:
>> http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/370/builds
>> Testing
>> Please submit a bug if you find something bad, and let us know. Please
>> also record your results if you found no problems, then others can
>> decide to concentrate on untested ones if they are short of time.
>> Bugs:
>> Lots of people have already reported bugs against our packages:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-bugs/+packagebugs
>> Feel free to triage some of these bugs to see if any of our packages
>> contain serious bugs, and let us know. There is some advice here for
>> triaging bugs in Launchpad:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Triage/
>> I hope we can all "muck in" and make it a good release!

Do we have someone to man the website & blog about the release?

Also, our support for the Ubuntu Studio Trusty 14.04 (LTS) release ends
with the release of 17.04 (3 years). We should announce this here, the
users list and on the website ahead of time.



More information about the ubuntu-studio-devel mailing list