[ubuntu-studio-devel] Backports

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Fri May 27 11:23:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016, at 12:16 PM, Set Sakrecoer wrote:
> I read zequence was talking on IRC about finding a good way to warn our
> users of the consequences of backports, since it appears backports are
> able to break things for people having a project in the making. Hence
> please also consider this email as an invitation to discuss how we
> communicate this change to our user base.
>
> Yours,
> --
> Set aka ~sakrecoer

Yes, I'm planning on adding a one-time popup information for
ubuntustudio-controls to be run at login, but that will only be helping
those who already have it installed (which all Ubuntu Studio users will
have, unless they uninstalled it).

Since Ubuntu users aren't used to backports for their multimedia
applications, it's important that they know the risks, and that they can
deselect backports.

We should spread this information quite soon on our web site and social
channels, as well as the user mail list.