[ubuntu-studio-devel] package proposals - publishing

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Thu May 5 21:11:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 22:39, autumna <'autumna at gmail.com'> wrote:
I added 2 more software packages to the wiki page under "graphics" for
the publishing related workflows.

(add) calibre: Calibre is a book managing software, but it also happens
to have a well designed epub editor. To my knowledge there currently
isn't any software available on ubuntu studio to make or edit ebooks.

I've only done a quick glance on the homepage and didn't get a feel for what the features are. Is it a writing software as well as publishing and converting to ebook format, or is it just the publishing part? We discussed before 15.10 about adding a writing software and where to put it. I was looking into a couple of candidates where my suggestion was Plume Creator. It was too late to include them and I had too little time to contribute to 16.04 and the writing stuff was left on hold.
(add) pdf-shuffler: There is currently no way to rearrange an existing
pdf, or merge two pdfs without importing the whole thing into
libreoffice or graphics software which can mess up formatting. Useful
when you are asked to glue the application form and your portfolio into
one file.
I've only done this in terminal but understand it would be helpful for many users. I get to do it for my GF as well as the process to do it in a Mac is really really bad...

/Jimmy