[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntustudio-screensaver

Ross Gammon ubuntu at the-gammons.net
Thu Mar 31 18:17:25 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Whilst looking at something else I came across the
ubuntustudio-screensaver package. It has not been touched for a long
time, and is no longer seeded.

Knowing that screensavers are not the "in thing" any more (most screens
just go blank these days), I decided to install it to see what it looked
like.

It pulls in gnome-screensaver, but nothing else visible seems to happen
and there is no settings utility appearing in the menu.

Running "gnome-screensaver --debug" prints some warning about no
.session being registered or something. Not wanting to spend any more
time on it, I thought I would ask here:
1. Is there some setup step I am missing?
2. Does the package need work, or the X-defaults need something set up,
to help any users installing it?
3. Should we just remove it from the archive?

Cheers,

Ross