[ubuntu-studio-devel] Studio icons

Set Hallstrom set at ubuntustudio.org
Wed Jun 29 21:17:48 UTC 2016

Hi!

On 2016-06-29 21:23, Jóhann Örn Geirdal wrote:
> I also suggest to make the orange stronger!

Not sure what you mean by "stronger", but in my terminology ubuntustudio
orange is stronger, and the one you are using is brighter.

The orange you are using is: #FF8D00
The orange ubuntustudio is using is: #E27D15
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/OfficialXenial
This is not up for discussion at this point of the process.

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Jóhann Örn Geirdal
> <johann.orn.geirdal at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Here I have proposal to new icons in studio default apps. Have in
> mynd that some Logos are better designed than others for each app.
> http://geirdal.is/index.php/studio-0

I'm afraid I do not see this working at all Jóhann: scale the icons down
to 24px and they become unreadable. Also the style is way to organic and
personal. We need something _very_ functional and very neutral. I think
we should find something existing to work from if we want to pull this
off. Something we could easily convert into monochrome. Making good
pictograms that work in small and large scale is a very tedious,
complicated and fine task.

I hope you understand that i'm not saying your icons or ugly or anything
like that. I'm just saying they don't fit the project as they look now. :)

*Set

--
Set Hallstrom aka sakrecoer