[ubuntu-studio-devel] ubuntu-studio-devel Digest, Vol 110, Issue 5

Set Hallstrom set at ubuntustudio.org
Mon Jun 13 17:25:20 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-13 18:09, Jóhann Örn Geirdal wrote:
> Hi here is my first try on this http://geirdal.is/index.php/studio-0

\o/ yeah! you deliver! Looks real cool! It's the first shot, and i'm
sure we can get it even cooler with a few rounds of execution/feedback
pingpong!!

The font will be "ubuntu regular" http://font.ubuntu.com/ but i'm
guessing you just put text to show that it works for the purpose? :)

The thing i'm not super fond of, is the deformation of the logo. Maybe
it's an optical illusion as a result of how you cut it? But it looks
kind of oval. I also notice that you are using an old version of the CoF
(Circle of Friends = ubunutu studio logo) that has a bump in the midle
circle's edge.
The correct one is here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-art/ubuntustudio-artwork/current-standard/files

Like Ralf says, it has little to do with the workflow, but you could fix
that by replacing the CoF by the Category icons maybe? Why not try?
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-menu/trunk/files/head:/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/categories/
But feel free to draw your own :)

You can download the svg-files from the launchpad-links above, but the
coolest, fastest, bestest is to use bazaar, are you familiar with it?
(bzr) Krytarik and zequence are my bzr sensei's. I could maybe help you
get familiar with it on IRC, but if you manage to get them to teach you,
chances are you will become better than me in no time! :)

Until then, you can read more about bzr here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/SetupDeveloperEnvironment

Cheers king!
--
Set Hallstrom aka sakrecoer