[ubuntu-studio-devel] 16.04.1 RC Testing

Set Hallstrom set at ubuntustudio.org
Tue Jul 19 09:28:52 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-19 07:25, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> Let me just remind everyone that 16.04.1 is to be tested before release
> on thrusday. If I remember correctly, Ross would is not able to
> participate for this one.
>
> ISOs and test cases can be found here
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/363/builds.
>
> If you want to help out, make sure to get yourself a launchpad account,
> login, and then follow instructions on the link above for testing and
> reporting results. Also, please report any bugs you find.
>
> There may be rebuilds, so we may need to redo tests a few times until
> Thursday, but consider each ISO a release candidate from now on.

Thank you Kaj! Sorry, i got confused with the alpha2 date next week. But
i've found the schedule for dot releases now [1]
Although it doesn't announce for when .2 is planned. Is there another
wiki page for these schedules?

Indeed, Ross will be away. I can write the release notes.. Although i
don't find any previous dot release notes for ubuntustudio to base on.
Is it better to edit the Xenial release note page [2], or should it be a
separate one? I did find a "change summary" for the 14.04.x releases
[3], maybe a link to the upcoming 16.04.1 change summary and an
announcement on the website is enough?

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseNotes/UbuntuStudio
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes/ChangeSummary/14.04.4