[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio policy - Was: Would Ubuntu Studio Team be Interested in Partnering with New England Conservatory?

Jimmy Sjölund jimmy at sjolund.se
Sun Jul 10 10:39:37 UTC 2016

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re: [ubuntu-studio-devel] Would Ubuntu Studio Team be Interested in Partnering with New England Conservatory?
Local Time: July 10, 2016 12:13 PM
UTC Time: July 10, 2016 10:13 AM
From: set at ubuntustudio.org
To: ubuntu-studio-devel at lists.ubuntu.com

What was the good plan? Video conference with an inactive memeber? To
talk about issues only canonical can resolve... please...

The plan was to offer an opportunity for the OP to talk with someone with:

* 22 years experience of digital audio in corporate and educational environments
* 16 years experience of Linux and open source environments
* 10 years experience of Ubuntu Studio
* 5 years experience of open source community work
* large scale implementation projects rolling out open source environments
* small and large scale implementation projects of replacing Windows with open source alternatives

From there, figure out what their goals were, what problems to solve, the current environment and alternate solutions. This is what I do for a living and have been doing since the 90s so I figured I might have some insights to share, for free. The solution wouldn't necessarily be Ubuntu Studio, without knowing what the needs are it's too early to propose solutions. All issues are not connected to Canonical, Ubuntu or even open source.

I won't bother commenting on other parts in earlier emails. I recommend reading Jono Bacon's book "The Art of Community" and Jim Whitehurst's "The Open Organization".

I will now unsubscribe from the mailing list as well and keep out of any further discussions.

/Jimmy